In the news
The world has embraced the Wales Coast Path and our story is travelling far and wide – this landmark project has gone international!
These are some of the great stories that have been written about the Wales Coast Path:
- Wales profits from coast path beauty – video
- Wales Coast Path adds £32m to economy in 12 months
- Path lets tourists walk around all of Wales
Sun Sentinel, Florida
- Cerys Symonds walks the Wales Coast Path
- 10 Trails that should be on every bucket list
- Sand and surf
- Destination: Wales Coast Path
- Adventure travel 2013: Top new trips to emerging places
- Top Ten secret beaches in Wales.
- Jamie Owen’s Wales: A walk from Deganwy to Llandudno
- From active volcanoes to Devil's paths: 11 of the world's most badass hikes.
- Wales Coast Path is planning award winner
- Top 20 places for a Welsh getaway
- Wales Coast Path keeps hikers close to the edge
- Wallace and Gromit's grand day out... on the Wales Coast Path
- Wales Coast Path’s anniversary
- Welsh seaside keeps shining in the spotlight on first anniversary of Wales Coast Path
- Coast Path contributes more than £16 million to the economy
- A long, wet walk in Wales
New York Times
- Wales Coast Path brings £16m economic boost to Wales.
- Watch as Visit Wales reveals some Welsh gems in the recent advertising campaign.
- The Daily Mail explores the windswept and beautiful Pembrokeshire coastline.
- Fox News lists pretty as a picture Tenby as one of the coolest small towns in Europe.
- Hiking Wales: making fresh tracks through history.
- Welsh rugby player, Ryan Jones, will be supporting the Walk on Wales which takes place in August.
South Wales Argus
- A green guide to enjoying Pembrokeshire.
- QR codes reveal hidden welsh history on the Path.
- Enjoy sea views and coastal strolls at Prestatyn.
- Wales Coast Path welcomes young walkers!
- William Ham Bevan tackles the snaking Wales Coast Path and discovers wild, remote and spectacular scenery along the way.
- William Ham Bevan explores Ceredigion and the spectacular coastal walking nearby.
- Welsh Highland Railway is a great way to soak up the area's glorious countryside. A short video with engineer, Alistair Stewart.
The Telegraph: My Wales is Heritage
- Nestled at the foot of an ancient wooded valley, Saundersfoot is a perfect seaside resort.
The Telegraph: My Wales is Spas
- A short video with Jon Tregenna, attendant at the Dylan Thomas Boathouse in Laugharne.
The Telegraph: My Wales is Heritage
- Chris Moss describes the joys of his secluded retreat in Laugharne and the modern-day luxuries he can live without.
- Discovering castles, meadows and a short cut on the train in Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire.
- Jamie Owen walks the length of the Wales Coast Path in his new series on Radio Wales.
- Beauty and heritage at your feet on the Wales Coast Path.
World Property Channel
- David Atkinson, takes the Wales Coast Path into the air with British Airways.
British Airways Highlife
- Melanie McManus explores Ceredigion for the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Andrew Sessa adds the Wales Coast Path to the What’s New in Travel slot of the New York Times blog.
New York Times blog
May - August
- David Atkinson looks at which sections might appeal to families, heritage lovers and dedicated walkers.
- Amy Laughinghouse of the Toronto Star takes a walk on the wild side and learns a little Welsh along the way.
- A gallery of stunning shots captured by the BBC.
- A closer look at Carmarthenshire by David Atkinson for the Independent.
- The Guardian links the path up with thanks to some of the nation’s great characters.
- A wildlife lovers paradise: some great spots to head to on the Path for wildlife encounters.
- With the imminent opening of the Wales Coast Path, Lonely Planet selected Coastal Wales as the region to visit in 2012.