Maximising business opportunities on the Wales Coast Path in Gwynedd
The Wales Coast Path celebrates it’s 10th anniversary in 2022.
As well as a fantastic visitor destination for the domestic and overseas market, the path plays an important role in Wales’ tourist and visitor economy in encouraging economic regeneration.
We have seen increased engagement and interest in the path from all over the UK and beyond across our social media during our 10th anniversary year. There are lots of people wanting to come and walk the path.
With this in mind, we want to engage with hospitality and tourism businesses along the entire 870 mile / 1,400km path to use the pulling power of the Wales Coast Path brand to maximise their business opportunities.
Are you in the hospitality or tourism trade operating in Gwynedd?
If so, you may be interested in our celebration of the path in Gwynedd.
Aimed at the hospitality and tourism trade in Gwynedd, our event will celebrate the path in Gwynedd - which accounts for nearly 25% of the entire path and we’ve seen lots of interest in people wanting to visit this region specifically.
At our event, you will have the opportunity to discover what the Gwynedd section of the path has to offer to visitors and an opportunity for you to hear about latest developments from the path in Gwynedd.
In addition, there will be guest speakers who will share their experience of maximising business opportunities along the Wales Coast Path brand including:
• Daloni Metcalfe, owner of Cwrt Tatws, coastal accommodation and café provider in Tudweiliog,
• Wil Parry, project manager of the Llyn Coastal Bus Service – the first app based service in Gwynedd providing a bus service to walkers walking the Llyn Peninsula.
Location: Nant Gwrtheryn, National Welsh Language Centre, Llithfaen
Date: 21 June 2022
Time from 9:45 am
- 09:45am: Arrival
- 10:00am: Guest speakers will include Wil Parry from the Llyn Coastal Bus about the benefits of the service to local businesses.
- Updates on the 10th anniversary plans and resources to help coastal businesses in Gwynedd make the most of the path’s special year (Sioned Humphreys and Eve Nicholson).
- Path updates from Rhys Roberts, Wales Coast Path Officer in Gwynedd followed by Q&A
- 12:00pm: Guided walk by Rhys Roberts. This will take approx 1 hour. Please bring suitable footwear and clothing for the weather.
- 1:00pm: Light buffet lunch.
Hope to see you there.
Other pages in News and Press Releases
New 10th anniversary merchandise collection launch
Enter our competition to win some brand-new merchandise...
Capturing the spirit of the path through arts and poetry
Celebrating 10 years of the path through inspirational...